Spiced sweet potato and egg
- Serves: 5
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 60mins
Why not swap your next jacket potato for a healthy alternative with our spiced sweet potato and egg recipe? A simple but flavoursome dish, we use fragrant harissa paste for an aromatic kick before adding a tasty egg right in the middle. Scatter with low-fat cheese, serve with salad and enjoy!
- 1 (225g/8oz) sweet potato, scrubbed
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp Harissa or chilli paste
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 25g/1oz low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Prick the potato skin all over with a fork and rub salt into the skin. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- Wrap the base of the potato in foil.
- Cut a cross in the potato and mix the Harissa and spring onion into the potato flesh.
- Make a hollow in the middle of the potato and carefully crack in the egg.
- Scatter over the cheese and return to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes or until the egg is baked to your liking.
- Serve with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
A great stir-fry recipe.
Fiery egg and spinach curry
Egg curries are so easy to make and this one will be on the table in less than half...
MOB Kitchen's anchovy and caper carbonara
A new take on carbonara using British Lion eggs, a zesty lemon, parmesan and mixed with a base of...