Spiced sweet potato and egg
- Serves: 5
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 60mins
Why not swap your next jacket potato for a healthy alternative with our spiced sweet potato and egg recipe? A simple but flavoursome dish, we use fragrant harissa paste for an aromatic kick before adding a tasty egg right in the middle. Scatter with low-fat cheese, serve with salad and enjoy!
- 1 (225g/8oz) sweet potato, scrubbed
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp Harissa or chilli paste
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 25g/1oz low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Prick the potato skin all over with a fork and rub salt into the skin. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- Wrap the base of the potato in foil.
- Cut a cross in the potato and mix the Harissa and spring onion into the potato flesh.
- Make a hollow in the middle of the potato and carefully crack in the egg.
- Scatter over the cheese and return to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes or until the egg is baked to your liking.
- Serve with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Salmon and watercress frittata
A frittata is an excellent way to combine a variety of different ingredients into one delicious meal. We use...
Tom Daley’s Pride power bowl
A colourful egg recipe to celebrate Pride.
Low calorie egg and vegetable noodle slice
As well as providing a delicious oriental style, low-calorie meal for the family, our egg noodle slice recipe can...