Spiced sweet potato and egg
- Serves: 5
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 60mins
Why not swap your next jacket potato for a healthy alternative with our spiced sweet potato and egg recipe? A simple but flavoursome dish, we use fragrant harissa paste for an aromatic kick before adding a tasty egg right in the middle. Scatter with low-fat cheese, serve with salad and enjoy!
- 1 (225g/8oz) sweet potato, scrubbed
- 2.5ml/1/2 tsp Harissa or chilli paste
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 large British Lion egg
- 25g/1oz low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Prick the potato skin all over with a fork and rub salt into the skin. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- Wrap the base of the potato in foil.
- Cut a cross in the potato and mix the Harissa and spring onion into the potato flesh.
- Make a hollow in the middle of the potato and carefully crack in the egg.
- Scatter over the cheese and return to the oven for a further 8-10 minutes or until the egg is baked to your liking.
- Serve with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Baked rice-stuffed peppers
Versatile, healthy and delicious, stuffed peppers are a brilliant way to enjoy a wholesome meal that can be made...
Mushroom and goat's cheese tortilla
Tortillas make a great main meal for the family and this one is deliciously flavoured using goat's cheese and...
eggs baked in a crusty baguette
An ultimate house-warming meal. It will fill your home with cosy smell of fresh bread, garlic and butter.