Spiced vegetable omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
This spiced vegetable omelette is quick to prepare and makes an ideal meal for vegetarians.
- Half a red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 50g mangetout, shredded
- 50g baby corn, shredded
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1 tbsp Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat half the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan, add the vegetables and stir fry for 2 mins. Transfer to a dish and stir in the chilli sauce.
- Beat the eggs with the coriander and seasoning. Return the pan to the heat and pour in the eggs. Cook, stirring with a spatula to push the set egg into the centre of the pan, until there is no more runny egg left. Cook for a further 30 seconds until the base is golden.
- Scatter the vegetables over the omelette and fold it over. Serve with more chilli dipping sauce if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Cheese & mushroom pizza omelette
Quick and easy to prepare, you don't have to wait for the takeaway to arrive with this delicious cheese...
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.
This recipe gives pizza a new twist and as it's cooked in a non-stick frying pan, the fat levels...