Spiced vegetable omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
This spiced vegetable omelette is quick to prepare and makes an ideal meal for vegetarians.
- Half a red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 50g mangetout, shredded
- 50g baby corn, shredded
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1 tbsp Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat half the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan, add the vegetables and stir fry for 2 mins. Transfer to a dish and stir in the chilli sauce.
- Beat the eggs with the coriander and seasoning. Return the pan to the heat and pour in the eggs. Cook, stirring with a spatula to push the set egg into the centre of the pan, until there is no more runny egg left. Cook for a further 30 seconds until the base is golden.
- Scatter the vegetables over the omelette and fold it over. Serve with more chilli dipping sauce if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Cheese & mushroom pizza omelette
Quick and easy to prepare, you don't have to wait for the takeaway to arrive with this delicious cheese...
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.
This recipe gives pizza a new twist and as it's cooked in a non-stick frying pan, the fat levels...
Popular how-to guides
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Knowing how to poach an egg is easy to master, and there are many different methods to try.
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for getting great boiled eggs every time.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.