Spiced vegetable omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
This spiced vegetable omelette is quick to prepare and makes an ideal meal for vegetarians.
- Half a red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 50g mangetout, shredded
- 50g baby corn, shredded
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1 tbsp Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat half the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan, add the vegetables and stir fry for 2 mins. Transfer to a dish and stir in the chilli sauce.
- Beat the eggs with the coriander and seasoning. Return the pan to the heat and pour in the eggs. Cook, stirring with a spatula to push the set egg into the centre of the pan, until there is no more runny egg left. Cook for a further 30 seconds until the base is golden.
- Scatter the vegetables over the omelette and fold it over. Serve with more chilli dipping sauce if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: