Spicy bacon and baked egg bagels
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
A fancier and smokier version of our egg and bacon breakfast sandwich. It looks so impressive!
- 2 medium British Lion eggs
- 2 bagels
- 2 back bacon sliders
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tomato, seeds removed, diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 small pickled cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200*C / 170*C fan. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Prepare the eggy bagel tops. Crack the eggs into small ramekins. If the eggs are big, take some of the egg white out carefully, so you don’t break the yolk. Put the bagel tops and bottoms on a tray and warm them up in the oven for 3 minutes. Take the tray out and transfer the eggs into the wholes in the bagel tops. Put the tray back in the oven and bake for another 7 minutes, until the egg white is set.
3. Prepare the bacon. Mix the BBQ sauce with the chilli powder. Line another baking tray with greaseproof paper and put the bacon sliders on. Spread the sauce evenly over on both sides of the bacon. Put the tray in the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Make the salsa. Mix the tomato dices with the lemon juice, red onion and pickled cucumber. Season with salt and pepper and add the olive oil.
5. Assemble the bagels. Spread the salsa over the bagel bottoms. Top with the BBQ bacon and close with the eggy bagel top.
If possible, don’t use the fan in your oven for this recipe. It may be to powerful and cook your eggs too fast.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Tom Daley's Huevos Rancheros
This is one of my favourite brunch recipes, it reminds me of when I first met Lance and our...
Tom Daley's Japanese Souffle Pancakes
These Japanese souffle pancakes are a great alternative to a traditional pancake recipe, if you’re looking to mix up...
Smoked mackerel scrambled eggs
A deliciously different recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, this scramble makes a perfect brunch or lunch.