Spicy egg salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 5mins
Salad with a kick - this spicy egg salad is sure to be a hit.
- 2 thick slices wholemeal bread, cubed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 large courgette, cut into batons
- 1 large carrot cut into batons
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cucumber, cut into batons
- 100g rocket
- 3 large hard-boiled British Lion eggs, halved
- For the dressing:
- 2tbsp ready-made mayonnaise
- 2tsp mango chutney
- 1/2tsp curry paste
- Preheat the grill and toast the cubes of bread until golden on all sides. Put into a large salad bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, courgette batons, carrot batons, tomatoes, cucumber and rocket and toss together.
- Add the boiled eggs. Mix together all the dressing ingredients and season to taste. Pour over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Mackerel and fennel salad
This is a really tasty salad combining great tastes of mackerel and fennel.
Cheese and ham eggy bread
Cheese & ham eggy bread recipe
Egg and cress dip
Sick of sandwiches? Then pack the kids off with a pot of this and some pitta breads and vegetables...