Spicy egg salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 5mins
Salad with a kick - this spicy egg salad is sure to be a hit.
- 2 thick slices wholemeal bread, cubed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 large courgette, cut into batons
- 1 large carrot cut into batons
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cucumber, cut into batons
- 100g rocket
- 3 large hard-boiled British Lion eggs, halved
- For the dressing:
- 2tbsp ready-made mayonnaise
- 2tsp mango chutney
- 1/2tsp curry paste
- Preheat the grill and toast the cubes of bread until golden on all sides. Put into a large salad bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, courgette batons, carrot batons, tomatoes, cucumber and rocket and toss together.
- Add the boiled eggs. Mix together all the dressing ingredients and season to taste. Pour over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Tuna and egg salad
A delicious salad that's perfect all year round.
Annabel Karmel's bagel snake
This is a fun way of serving bagels and you can make the snake as long as you like...
Nicoise salad with coddled egg
Try this classic salad with a twist, quick to prepare and low in calories.