Spicy egg salad
Salad with a kick - this spicy egg salad is sure to be a hit.
- 2 thick slices wholemeal bread, cubed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 large courgette, cut into batons
- 1 large carrot cut into batons
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cucumber, cut into batons
- 100g rocket
- 3 large hard-boiled British Lion eggs, halved
- For the dressing:
- 2tbsp ready-made mayonnaise
- 2tsp mango chutney
- 1/2tsp curry paste
- Preheat the grill and toast the cubes of bread until golden on all sides. Put into a large salad bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, courgette batons, carrot batons, tomatoes, cucumber and rocket and toss together.
- Add the boiled eggs. Mix together all the dressing ingredients and season to taste. Pour over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately.