Spicy roast vegetables and lentils with boiled egg
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 30mins
This dish takes almost no time to prepare! You can save the leftovers for the next day, as it makes a great working lunch as well.
- 8 medium British Lion eggs
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g tins lentils, drained and rinsed
- a large handful coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Place the vegetables onto a large baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle over the rase el hanout, chilli flakes and season. Toss to fully combine. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and add the lentils, stirring to combine. Place back in the oven for a further 5 minutes, until the lentils are heated through.
3. Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Simmer for 7 minutes until just set. Peel the eggs and slice in half.
4. Divide the roast vegetables and lentils between 4 shallow boils and top with the halved eggs. Garnish with coriander before serving.
You can also use sweet potatoes or peppers instead of butternut squash and stir through spinach at the end along with the lentils for extra protein.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Tom Daley's Beetroot, Kale and Goat's Cheese Quiche
This quiche is perfect if you’re having friends or family round for dinner – it’s bright colours and indulgent...
MOB Kitchen's Anchovy and Caper Carbonara
A new take on carbonara using British Lion eggs, a zesty lemon, parmesan and mixed with a base of...
Eggs baked in a crusty baguette
An ultimate house-warming meal. It will fill your home with cosy smell of fresh bread, garlic and butter.
Salmon with poached egg and spinach
This quick and easy salmon and poached egg recipe is packed with protein and great natural nutrition - the...