Spicy salad with peppers and egg
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 0mins
Try this salad for a speedy lunch
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 350g (12oz) new potatoes, halved and cooked
- 175g (6oz) green beans, cooked
- 1 Sweet Romaine or Cos lettuce, torn in pieces
- 6 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 100g (4oz) salami di Milano, quartered
- 2tbsp capers, drained
- For the dressing:
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2tsp Tabasco sauce
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the eggs in a large pan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil, then boil for 7 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, tapping the shells all over. Peel and quarter.
- Tear the lettuce into pieces and place in a large salad bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion, salami, capers, eggs, potatoes and beans.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together. Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: