Spinach and squash frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
A deliciously different frittata recipe with spinach and squash. A tasty treat.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g/12oz diced butternut squash
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2-1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 (235g) bag young spinach leaves, washed
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 50g/2oz low fat cheddar-style cheese
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan add the squash and onion and sauté for 4 mins or untl pale golden. Cover the pan with a baking tray and continue to cook over a low heat for 5 mins until the squash is tender. Stir in the garlic, chilli; add half the spinach and cover again. Cook for 1 min until the leaves have wilted. Add remaining spinach in same way. Uncover and season to taste.
- Beat the eggs until smooth then add to the pan. Cook over a low heat for about a minute until the eggs are beginning to set. Then shake the pan to level the surface and cook for a further 4mins. Scatter over the cheese and pop under a hot grill for a further 2mins or until the top is set and pale golden. Serve in wedges.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Asparagus & sweet potato frittata
Nutritional analysis per portion: Energy: 437kcals; Protein: 27.7g; Total fat: 22.1g; Sat fat: 10.1g; Salt: 2.4g
Spanish-style sweet potato, mushroom and feta tortilla
A twist on the classic Spanish recipe.