Spinach and squash frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
A deliciously different frittata recipe with spinach and squash. A tasty treat.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g/12oz diced butternut squash
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2-1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 (235g) bag young spinach leaves, washed
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 50g/2oz low fat cheddar-style cheese
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan add the squash and onion and sauté for 4 mins or untl pale golden. Cover the pan with a baking tray and continue to cook over a low heat for 5 mins until the squash is tender. Stir in the garlic, chilli; add half the spinach and cover again. Cook for 1 min until the leaves have wilted. Add remaining spinach in same way. Uncover and season to taste.
- Beat the eggs until smooth then add to the pan. Cook over a low heat for about a minute until the eggs are beginning to set. Then shake the pan to level the surface and cook for a further 4mins. Scatter over the cheese and pop under a hot grill for a further 2mins or until the top is set and pale golden. Serve in wedges.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Vegetable frittata with mushrooms, spinach and avocado
Popular vlogger Barry Lewis of My Virgin Kitchen has created an amazingly tasty fully loaded vegetable frittata - a...
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.