Spinach and squash frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
A deliciously different frittata recipe with spinach and squash. A tasty treat.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g/12oz diced butternut squash
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2-1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 (235g) bag young spinach leaves, washed
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 50g/2oz low fat cheddar-style cheese
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan add the squash and onion and sauté for 4 mins or untl pale golden. Cover the pan with a baking tray and continue to cook over a low heat for 5 mins until the squash is tender. Stir in the garlic, chilli; add half the spinach and cover again. Cook for 1 min until the leaves have wilted. Add remaining spinach in same way. Uncover and season to taste.
- Beat the eggs until smooth then add to the pan. Cook over a low heat for about a minute until the eggs are beginning to set. Then shake the pan to level the surface and cook for a further 4mins. Scatter over the cheese and pop under a hot grill for a further 2mins or until the top is set and pale golden. Serve in wedges.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Chickpea and courgette eggah
A lovely light summer recipe, our chickpea and courgette eggah recipe infuses classic Moroccan herbs and spices for an...
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...