Spinach, feta & pine nut omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 2 British lion eggs
- 100g bag of baby spinach, washed
- 30g feta cheese, diced fairly small
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 dessert spoon olive oil or coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt in the heat of the pan – this will take about 3 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix everything around in the pan.
- As soon as the eggs start to set tip in the feta cheese and the pine nuts. Continue turning everything around in the pan for a minute or so.
- Leave the pan on the heat until the outside is starting to go a golden brown colour.
- Place a plate over the pan and hold it down securely. Lift the pan and turn it over so that the omelette is on the plate.
- Slide the omelette back into the pan and cook the other side, then serve when ready.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Click here to watch Mark cooking this super-speedy and tasty recipe.
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...
Feta, spinach and caramelised onion omelette
Top chef Mark Sargeant gives us his luxurious take on a classic omelette, using crumbly feta, spinach and caramelised...
Forget the pastry quiche
Perfect as a healthy lunch or light dinner, forget the pastry quiche has all the flavour of a classic...
Popular how-to guides
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Knowing how to poach an egg is easy to master, and there are many different methods to try.
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for getting great boiled eggs every time.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.