Spinach, feta & pine nut omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 2 British lion eggs
- 100g bag of baby spinach, washed
- 30g feta cheese, diced fairly small
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 dessert spoon olive oil or coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt in the heat of the pan – this will take about 3 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix everything around in the pan.
- As soon as the eggs start to set tip in the feta cheese and the pine nuts. Continue turning everything around in the pan for a minute or so.
- Leave the pan on the heat until the outside is starting to go a golden brown colour.
- Place a plate over the pan and hold it down securely. Lift the pan and turn it over so that the omelette is on the plate.
- Slide the omelette back into the pan and cook the other side, then serve when ready.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Feta, spinach and caramelised onion omelette
Top chef Mark Sargeant gives us his luxurious take on a classic omelette, using crumbly feta, spinach and caramelised...
Forget the pastry quiche
Perfect as a healthy lunch or light dinner, forget the pastry quiche has all the flavour of a classic...
Mushroom and goat's cheese tortilla
Tortillas make a great main meal for the family and this one is deliciously flavoured using goat's cheese and...