Spinach omelette with salmon
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 75g frozen peas
- 15g butter
- 25g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (213g) can red salmon, skinned and flaked
- 15g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Put the peas in a small pan, cover with boiling water from the kettle and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 mins, then drain.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan. Add the spinach, nutmeg and season. Cook over a medium heat for 1 min until wilted.
- Beat the eggs with seasoning, pour into the pan with the spinach and mix well. Cook the omelette over a medium heat, pushing the cooked egg into the centre of the pan and allowing the runny egg to fill the space, until all the raw egg has set.
- Remove from the heat, scatter the peas, salmon and cheese over the omelette, then return to the heat and cook for a further minute until the cheese has melted. Tilt the pan and fold the omelette and slip it onto a warm plate. Serve straight away.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Capricciosa pizza omelette
Pizza omelettes really do give the taste of the takeaway without the calories, so you can enjoy it every...
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.