Squash, kale & chorizo tortilla
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 6 British Lion eggs, whisked up in a large bowl
- 2 tbsps olive oil or coconut oil
- 260g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced into 1cm cubes
- About ¼ of a butternut squash, diced into 1cm cubes
- 100g kale, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to about 190C/170C fan. Find a rectangular baking tray or dish about 20cm square with sides at least 5cm deep. Put this dish in the oven to heat up whilst you get things cooking.
- Fry the butternut squash in a non-stick pan using half the oil until it’s almost cooked and golden brown – tip it into the bowl with the whisked eggs in. Leave the oil in the pan.
- Fry the chorizo sausage until cooked and add to the egg mix – add the oil too because it will now be flavoured by the chorizo. Tip in the tomato and kale.
- Remove the hot dish from the oven and tip in the remaining olive oil. Swill it around so that the whole dish is lightly oiled.
- Give the egg mix a final stir and tip everything into the hot dish. Place back in the oven and bake until the eggs are cooked – about 12-18 minutes.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Annabel Karmel's tomato and basil omelette for babies
A deliciously light and super-easy recipe to wake up your baby’s tastebuds. A serving of light, fluffy slices of...
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Prawn, courgette and tomato frittata
A frittata is a really quick and easy egg dish to prepare. Try this tasty and low calorie version.