Steph Houghton’s Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 3mins
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 75ml reduced fat soured cream
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 15g butter
- 1 wholemeal bagel, split
- 25g smoked salmon slices
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Beat the eggs with 1 tbsp soured cream, and a little seasoning.
- Grate the zest of half the lemon and stir into the remaining soured cream, add the chives and spoon into a bowl, set aside.
- Toast the bagel.
- Melt the butter in a small non-stick pan and when it is sizzling, add the eggs and cook over a gentle heat, stirring until the eggs are creamy and softly scrambled - cook for longer if you prefer.
- Place both halves of the toasted bagel on a plate, heap the egg on top, then add folds of smoked salmon. Serve with the lemon and chive cream spooned over.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: