Steph Houghton’s Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 3mins
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 75ml reduced fat soured cream
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 15g butter
- 1 wholemeal bagel, split
- 25g smoked salmon slices
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Beat the eggs with 1 tbsp soured cream, and a little seasoning.
- Grate the zest of half the lemon and stir into the remaining soured cream, add the chives and spoon into a bowl, set aside.
- Toast the bagel.
- Melt the butter in a small non-stick pan and when it is sizzling, add the eggs and cook over a gentle heat, stirring until the eggs are creamy and softly scrambled - cook for longer if you prefer.
- Place both halves of the toasted bagel on a plate, heap the egg on top, then add folds of smoked salmon. Serve with the lemon and chive cream spooned over.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg in a mug
For a portable breakfast, split the pitta pocket and scoop in the egg.
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...
Scrambled eggs with watercress
Scrambled egg with watercress is a delicious taste of spring.