Steph Houghton’s Sweet Potato Saag Aloo
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp medium curry paste
- 100ml water
- 150g spinach leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- Wholemeal chapattis to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the onions and peppers and fry over a high heat until they are softened and golden.
- Reduce the heat, add the potatoes and sauce for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the curry paste and water, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add the spinach leaves, stirring until they are wilted. Stir in the coriander.
- Now make four wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each.
- Cover the mixture with a baking tray and cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes or until the eggs are just set, but soft in the middle.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with chapatti.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Sweet potato and pepper Spanish omelette
Omelettes are famous for their simplicity, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be packed with flavour. Enjoy the creamy...
Aubergine and tomato baked eggs
Check out our aubergine and tomato baked eggs recipe for a simple one-pan vegetarian meal that’s perfect for a...