Stir fried rice
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 10mins
A tasty stir fry, packed with healthy vegetables.
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 8 asparagus spears, chopped into chunks
- ¼ cabbage, finely sliced
- 125g baby sweetcorn
- ¼ red pepper, sliced
- Handful chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 150g cooked long-grain brown rice
- 3 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 1tbsp each soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp each freshly chopped parsley and chives
- 1 lime, cut in half to serve
- Heat 2tsp sunflower oil in a pan and stir fry the spring onions, asparagus, cabbage, sweetcorn, pepper and mushrooms for around 5 min until just tender. Add a splash of water halfway through to help the vegetables cook.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining 1tsp oil and add the eggs. Swirl all around the pan to cover the base and cook for 1 min. Add the rice and use a wooden spoon to break up the egg and incorporate the rice.
- Divide the stir fried rice between two plates and top with the stir fried vegetables. Mix together the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and sesame oil. Drizzle over the top, scatter over the herbs and serve with the lime to squeeze over.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Annabel Karmel's egg fried rice with chicken
Young cooks will love this recipe for egg fried rice with chicken and sweetcorn.
Egg fried rice with chicken and sweetcorn
Entertain your friends with your Chinese cookery skills and give them a healthy option compared with the takeaway version.
Healthy mid week Chinese-style egg rice stir-fry
A great stir-fry recipe.
Economical, tasty and easy to prepare. There’s no need to peel the butternut squash - the skin becomes soft...