- 385g pack cooked fresh noodles (see cook's notes)
- 45ml/3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into fine sticks
- 100g/4oz dwarf green beans, halved lengthways
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and shredded
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- Wedges of lime to serve
- Heat 15ml/1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan or wok. Beat the eggs with 30ml/2tbsp water, then add to the wok and cook for about 3mins, stirring and scraping so that the egg forms lumps when it has set. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Wipe out the wok; add the remaining oil then when hot, add the peppers, carrots and beans then stir fry for 4mins. Add the ginger and spring onions and noodles, and stir fry for a further 2mins.
- Add the curry paste, eggs and 60ml/4tbsp cold water. Cook over a high heat, tossing and stirring the noodles until well mixed. Serve in bowl with wedges of lime if desired.
If you prefer make up your own fresh noodles - cook 225g dried medium egg thread noodles in boiling water for 5 mins or according to packet instructions. Drain, rinse in cold water, then drain again ready to use