Stir-fry Dinner Omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 15mins
Recipe courtesy of Proper Tasty.
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 2 tsps chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 50g red cabbage, finely chopped
- 50g carrot, finely sliced
- 1/2 white onion, finely sliced
- 4 closed cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 40g sugar snap peas
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp red chili, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 10g butter
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Crack your British Lion eggs into a jug and add 1 teaspoon of chives. Beat the eggs with a whisk to combine and set aside.
- Place a medium sized frying pan over a medium-high heat and add ½ tablespoon sunflower oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the red pepper, cabbage, onion, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, red chilli, and garlic. Stir-fry for around 5–10 minutes or until the cabbage has wilted and the vegetables have started to brown.
- Next add the salt, black pepper and soy sauce. Stir to combine and cook for a further 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- Return the pan to a low-medium heat and add the butter and 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil. Let the butter melt and foam then add your reserved beaten eggs.
- Using a spatula release the egg from the edge of the pan and gently push some egg from the edge to the centre. Repeat this a few times in different areas of the pan and then leave to gently cook for around 4–5 minutes or until you can see the egg is nearly cooked through.
- Next take your reserved stir-fry and spread over one side of your omelette and add a sprinkle of spring onion. Fold the empty side of the omelette over the stir fry and cook for a further minute.
- Gently slide your omelette out of the pan onto a plate and top with your remaining chives. Serve with a fresh side salad some sweet chilli dip and enjoy!
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: