Super green avocado and chilli omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 8mins
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 green chilli, deseeded and chopped or chilli sauce to taste
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander plus a little to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A dash of oil
- 40g baby leaf spinach, chopped
- Halve and stone the avocado then place the flesh in a bowl and mash with a fork. Finely chop the spring onion, separating the green from the white. Add the white part to the avocado with the chilli (or chilli sauce) lime zest and juice and coriander. Season to taste and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with plenty of seasoning, stir in the spinach and green spring onion. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the oil.
- When hot, pour in half the egg mixture and cook over a high heat for 2 minutes. As the egg begins to set, use a spatula to push the set egg towards the centre of the pan until there is no more runny egg left. Cook for a further minute. Slip the omelette onto a plate and keep warm.
- Repeat to make a second omelette in the same way. Divide the avocado mixture between the two omelettes then fold up to enclose the filling to serve. Sprinkle with more coriander if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Spanish-style sweet potato, mushroom and feta tortilla
A twist on the classic Spanish recipe.
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
How to make an omelette
Healthy, quick and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, omelettes are one of the most popular and versatile dishes....