Super green avocado and chilli omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 8mins
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 green chilli, deseeded and chopped or chilli sauce to taste
- Zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander plus a little to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A dash of oil
- 40g baby leaf spinach, chopped
- Halve and stone the avocado then place the flesh in a bowl and mash with a fork. Finely chop the spring onion, separating the green from the white. Add the white part to the avocado with the chilli (or chilli sauce) lime zest and juice and coriander. Season to taste and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with plenty of seasoning, stir in the spinach and green spring onion. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the oil.
- When hot, pour in half the egg mixture and cook over a high heat for 2 minutes. As the egg begins to set, use a spatula to push the set egg towards the centre of the pan until there is no more runny egg left. Cook for a further minute. Slip the omelette onto a plate and keep warm.
- Repeat to make a second omelette in the same way. Divide the avocado mixture between the two omelettes then fold up to enclose the filling to serve. Sprinkle with more coriander if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Pepper and courgette frittata
Use any vegetables in this tasty microwave supper, suitable for vegetarians.
Feta, spinach and caramelised onion omelette
Top chef Mark Sargeant gives us his luxurious take on a classic omelette, using crumbly feta, spinach and caramelised...
Potato, anchovy and kale tortilla
Superfoods ahoy! Fish, eggs and kale are busting with fantastic nutrition to power you through the day and when...
Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
Want to try something different and spoil yourself at the same time? Then whip up this super-tasty omelette, perfect...