Sweet cherry frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
This delicious dessert which is sure to go down well at home.
- 400g cherries in kirsch syrup
- 4 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 55g caster sugar
- 150g mascarpone
- 30g unsalted butter
- 85g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5. Drain cherries and reserve syrup. Place egg yolks and 30g sugar in a bowl. Using an electric whisk, beat the mixture until pale and cream-like. Add the mascarpone and whisk for a further minute.
- In a large clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Add the remaining sugar and whisk again for 2 minutes until stiff and shiny.
- Using a large metal spoon fold 1 spoonful of the egg whites into the egg and mascarpone mixture to loosen. Gently fold in the remaining egg white.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick 30cm/12 inch ovenproof frying pan until foaming. Add the frittata mixture and cook over a medium heat for 1 minute. Sprinkle the cherries and chocolate, and transfer to the oven. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden and just set.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Warm eggy bread & berries
A delicious desser perfect when British berries are in season.
Marcus Wareing's baked egg custard tart
Recipe courtesy of celebrity chef Marcus Wareing, for British Egg Week 2011.
Gizzi Erskine's marmalade and cointreau soufflé omelette
Gizzi says: "A soufflé omelette is a great way to get started with soufflés before attempting the ‘real’ thing...
Souffle omelette with apples and blackberries
For those with a sweet tooth, try this charming summer soufflé omelette. Filled with crunchy sweet apple pieces and...