- 1 British Lion egg
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- Knob of unsalted butter or cooking oil
- 15g cheddar cheese, roughly grated
- Add the sweet potato to a pan of water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes until tender then drain and set aside.
- Crack the egg into a jug and beat briefly with the milk. Season if you like.
- Heat the butter in a small frying pan over a medium-high heat and pour in the egg/milk mix. Swirl the pan to spread the egg and stir briefly with a rubber spatula. Swirl again then fry for 1 minute before flipping. Top with the sweet potato and grated cheese then fold the omelette and slide onto a plate. Cool slightly then chop into small bits if you like.