Sweet potato and pepper bake
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 40mins
Ideal for a low cost mid-week supper, this tasty sweet potato and pepper bake is also suitable for vegetarians.
- 450g/1lb sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 British Lion eggs
- 50g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/400F/Gas Mark6. Cut the potatoes into evenly sized wedges. Place in a large ovenproof dish, drizzle over the oil, season with salt and pepper, then toss to mix. Bake in the oven for 10mins. Stir in the peppers and onions and bake for a further 15 mins until all the vegetables are tender and lightly charred.
- Beat the eggs with a little seasoning then pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle over the cheese and return to the oven. Bake for a further 15mins or until the egg has set. Serve in wedges with salad or vegetables.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Aubergine and tomato baked eggs
Check out our aubergine and tomato baked eggs recipe for a simple one-pan vegetarian meal that’s perfect for a...
Eggy bread and vegetable cobbler
Eggy bread and vegetable cobbler - an inventive dinner choice that the family will love.
Low calorie herby couscous with roasted veg and egg
This delicious low calorie supper is ideal for vegetarians too. This could also be served as a side dish.