Sweet potato and pepper Spanish omelette
- Serves: 3
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 25mins
Omelettes are famous for their simplicity, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be packed with flavour. Enjoy the creamy texture and sweet-spicy flavour of sweet potato with the peppery taste of parsnip infused with coriander - this is a delicious Spanish omelette that will keep you fuller and happier for longer.
- 1 large peeled sweet potato cut in half lengthways and then into 5mm (¼in) slices
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper deseeded and cut into thin slices
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 6 British Lion eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped
- Place the sweet potato in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for about 5 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the pepper and garlic for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the sweet potato slices, and cook, stirring, for a further minute.
- Pack the vegetables evenly over the base of the frying pan and pour in the eggs and plenty of seasoning. Cook over a gentle heat for about 10 minutes, mixing the cooked egg from the edge of the pan into the centre, until the egg is set all over.
- Preheat the grill to hot, and place the omelette under the grill, protecting the frying pan handle if necessary, to cook for 2–3 minutes to brown the top.
- Serve hot or cold, straight from the pan, cut into wedges, and sprinkled generously with the chopped herbs.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.