Sweet potato Spanish tortilla
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
This dish makes a great recovery meal as it provides plenty of carbohydrates (from the sweet potato) as well as good amounts of protein (from the eggs) in a ratio that promotes speediest muscle recovery. Sweet potatoes are used in this dish as they contain significant levels of beta-carotene and twice as much vitamin C as ordinary potatoes.
- 1 small sweet potato (175g), peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon/15ml olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- Cook the sweet potato in a small pan of boiling water for 5 - 6 minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the onion over a medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes or until softened. Add the sweet potato and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Pour in the eggs and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until the egg starts to set. Transfer to the grill and cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until the top of the tortilla is golden and the tortilla is cooked through.
- Slide the tortilla onto a plate and cut into wedges. Serve with a simple salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Sweet potato and pepper Spanish omelette
Omelettes are famous for their simplicity, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be packed with flavour. Enjoy the creamy...
Feta, spinach and caramelised onion omelette
Top chef Mark Sargeant gives us his luxurious take on a classic omelette, using crumbly feta, spinach and caramelised...
This is a good one for picnics or taking round to a gathering as you can slice and share...