Thick pancakes with spiced apple
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 20mins
- Apple topping ingredients:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 Bramley apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 3 tbsp sultanas
- Pancake ingredients:
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 British Lion eggs, lightly beaten
- 300ml milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- oil, for frying
- crème fraȋche, to serve
- For the pancakes: place all the ingredients apart from the oil into a bowl and whisk using an electric hand whisk until smooth.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and pour in a ladleful of batter. Heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until puffed and golden brown. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- For the spiced apple: melt the butter in a saucepan over a low-medium heat. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, mixed spice and sultanas. Cook gently for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the apples are soft but do not start to break down. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, stack the pancakes and top with a spoonful of apple and a dollop of crème fraȋche.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream and rum caramel sauce
The most indulgent pancakes you’ll ever have. Bring comfort and luxury to your life!
Lacy pancakes with rosewater berries
A delicious way to serve pancakes