Three cheese and spinach soufflé omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Be adventurous with this super-quick cheese soufflé; Combine the flavours of rich gruyere, sweet blue cheese and light creamy parmesan cheese with soft spinach leaves. Deceptively simple but bursting with delicious flavours and great texture.
- 50g/2oz baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 25g/1oz gruyere cheese, grated
- 25g/1oz blue cheese
- 1tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a medium frying pan, add the spinach leaves and cook over a medium heat until the leaves are wilted. Transfer to a plate and season to taste. Keep warm.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk with a fork, stir in the gruyère cheese. Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until they are shiny and forming stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Preheat the grill. Heat the medium frying pan, add the oil, then pour in the egg mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the base has set and is pale golden.
- Pop the omelette under the hot grill and continue to cook for about 2 minutes until the top is golden. Scatter the spinach and blue cheese over one half of the omelette then fold over and tip onto a plate. Scatter over the parmesan and serve straight away.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Micro recipe - tuna omelette
To vary the filling:Try frozen peas or sliced courgette instead of broccoli, or chopped ham instead of tuna. Canned...
Chickpea and courgette eggah
A lovely light summer recipe, our chickpea and courgette eggah recipe infuses classic Moroccan herbs and spices for an...
Spinach and squash frittata
A deliciously different frittata recipe with spinach and squash. A tasty treat.