Three cheese and spinach soufflé omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Be adventurous with this super-quick cheese soufflé; Combine the flavours of rich gruyere, sweet blue cheese and light creamy parmesan cheese with soft spinach leaves. Deceptively simple but bursting with delicious flavours and great texture.
- 50g/2oz baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 25g/1oz gruyere cheese, grated
- 25g/1oz blue cheese
- 1tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a medium frying pan, add the spinach leaves and cook over a medium heat until the leaves are wilted. Transfer to a plate and season to taste. Keep warm.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk with a fork, stir in the gruyère cheese. Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and whisk until they are shiny and forming stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Preheat the grill. Heat the medium frying pan, add the oil, then pour in the egg mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the base has set and is pale golden.
- Pop the omelette under the hot grill and continue to cook for about 2 minutes until the top is golden. Scatter the spinach and blue cheese over one half of the omelette then fold over and tip onto a plate. Scatter over the parmesan and serve straight away.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Big breakfast tortilla
A delicious egg recipe that can be enjoyed by all the family for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Thai pork omelette
Flex your South East Asian taste buds and try this Thai delight that combines the rich flavours of succulent...
Mushroom and goat's cheese tortilla
Tortillas make a great main meal for the family and this one is deliciously flavoured using goat's cheese and...