Three grain tofu & egg stir-fry
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 6mins
- 8 British Lion eggs
- 3 tsps vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 3 tsps sesame oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsps honey
- 100g tofu, cut into cubes
- 100g dry brown rice, cooked
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 100g dried pearl barley, cooked
- 4 spring onions, cut thinly on an angle
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 200g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 tbsps sweet chilli sauce
- First marinate the diced tofu in the honey and soy sauce. Leave to one side.
- Separately crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them up. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add half the vegetable/coconut oil. Pour in the egg and make a flat omelette. Use a spatula to move the liquid egg around, as it cooks and sets, stop mixing. A little colour on the omelette will add flavour to the finished dish.
- Turn the omelette onto a chopping board and cut into a dice. Leave to one side.
- Heat a wok and add the other half of the vegetable/coconut oil and all the sesame oil. When the oil is hot add the tofu and fry it until it begins to colour.
- Add the broccoli and continue to stir fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic and mix in well. Add the rice, barley, chickpeas and the omelette – keep stir frying until everything is hot. Finally add the spring onions, coriander and sweet chilli sauce – mix together and serve in bowls.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Spanish-style sweet potato, mushroom and feta tortilla
A twist on the classic Spanish recipe.
Soft scrambled eggs
As long as you are ready with your plates and accompaniments, before you begin scrambling your eggs, you will...