Tom Aikens' baked eggs, ham and parmesan
Recipe courtesy of celebrity chef Tom Aikens, for British Egg Week 2011. From Tom Aikens: "Easy" published by Ebury Press, £25.00 HB.
- butter, for greasing
- 4 thin slices of Parma or Bayonne ham
- 200g crème fraîche
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 40g Parmesan cheese, grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- toasted brioche, to serve
- Brush 4 ovenproof ramekins with butter. Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas 2. Cut the ham into thin strips and place some in the bottom of each ramekin. Add a tablespoon of crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper. Repeat the layers, then crack an egg on top, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and season again.
- Place the ramekins in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until the whites are cooked and the yolks are still wobbly. Serve with some toasted brioche.
From Tom Aikens: "Easy" published by Ebury Press, £25.00 HB.