Tom Daley’s Chinese Egg Drop Soup
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1cm fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 star anise
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- A small handful of curly kale, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 large British Lion egg, whisked
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
1. Heat the sesame oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the ginger and star anise and cook gently for 1 minute.
2. Add the chicken stock and soy sauce and bring to the boil.
3. Add the kale, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and pour in the whisked egg in a steady stream. Leave for a minute to allow the egg ribbons to set.
5. Pour the soup into a warm bowl and garnish with the spring onion, coriander leaves and sesame seeds.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
How to make an omelette
Healthy, quick and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, omelettes are one of the most popular and versatile dishes...
Scrambled eggs with watercress
Scrambled egg with watercress is a delicious taste of spring.
Tom Daley’s Banana and Blueberry Pancakes
Makes 12 pancakes
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...