Tom Daley’s Chinese Egg Drop Soup
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1cm fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 star anise
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- A small handful of curly kale, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 large British Lion egg, whisked
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
1. Heat the sesame oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the ginger and star anise and cook gently for 1 minute.
2. Add the chicken stock and soy sauce and bring to the boil.
3. Add the kale, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and pour in the whisked egg in a steady stream. Leave for a minute to allow the egg ribbons to set.
5. Pour the soup into a warm bowl and garnish with the spring onion, coriander leaves and sesame seeds.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
How to make an omelette
Healthy, quick and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, omelettes are one of the most popular and versatile dishes...
Perfectly poached eggs
Uncover the secret to perfectly delicious poached eggs with this popular and flavourful classic recipe. Tuck into a smooth...
Salmon and watercress frittata
A frittata is an excellent way to combine a variety of different ingredients into one delicious meal. We use...