Tom Daley's Kimchi Udon
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
My Japanese Kimchi Udon is getting me very excited for my big summer in Japan this year! It’s so quick and easy to make and is packed full of delicious flavours.
- 2 medium British Lion egg yolks
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g kimchi, chopped, plus 25ml of its juice
- 1 tbsp Korean chilli sauce
- 300g straight to wok udon noodles
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
1. Heat 30g of butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes, then add the kimchi and Korean chilli sauce and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add 100ml water and kimchi juice and simmer for 5 minutes until the liquid has reduced slightly.
3. Add the udon noodles, spinach and remaining butter to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, until the noodles are warmed through.
4. Season to taste. Divide the noodles between 2 bowls, top with the egg yolk, spring onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Eggy bread and vegetable cobbler
Eggy bread and vegetable cobbler - an inventive dinner choice that the family will love.
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.
Black bean soup with poached egg
This soup is filling, warming and comforting. It’s super easy to make and relies mostly on store-cupboard ingredients.