Tom Daley's soufflé omelette with artichokes, peas and asparagus
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 100g artichoke hearts
- 4 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 50g gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 slice of toast
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Mix together the peas and asparagus. Cover with boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large, clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff and fluffy. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks with half the gruyère, all the chives and a pinch each of salt and pepper then gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the fluffy whites. Make sure everything is incorporated but take care not to knock out any precious air from the egg whites.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and leave to cook for 1 minute. Gently scatter over the peas, asparagus and artichokes and sprinkle over the remaining grated cheese.
- Place under the hot grill for 3-4 minutes until the omelette is golden and the cheese has melted. Fold in half and serve immediately with the toast.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Sweet potato and pepper Spanish omelette
Omelettes are famous for their simplicity, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be packed with flavour. Enjoy the creamy...
Spanish-style sweet potato, mushroom and feta tortilla
A twist on the classic Spanish recipe.