Tom Daley’s Spinach, Egg and Chorizo Skillet
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 25mins
This spinach, egg and chorizo skillet is ideal if you’re looking for a protein packed breakfast or brunch dish – the vitamins and minerals from the ingredients are perfect for recovery if you’re about to, or, have just worked out!
- 4 medium British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 50g Chorizo, sliced
- 2 Leeks, trimmed and sliced into rounds
- 100g Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g Baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 2 Spring onions, sliced
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook for around 5 minutes, until crisp. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon. Set aside.
2. Add the leeks and cook for 10-15 minutes, until softened. Then add the tomatoes and spinach to the pan and leave to wilt for 1 minute.
3. Make 4 indents into the spinach mixture and crack a British Lion egg into each one. Cook for around 5-7 minutes, until the eggs are set, covering the pan towards the end to help the eggs cook.
4. Once cooked, add the chorizo back to the pan, season the eggs and sprinkle over the chilli flakes and spring onions.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Breakfast naan with fried egg, bacon and caramelised onions
This recipe is perfect for the weekends when you have more time to indulge in a delicious breakfast.
Spicy bacon and baked egg bagels
A fancier and smokier version of our egg and bacon breakfast sandwich. It looks so impressive!
Classic Eggs Royale
It’s a brunch classic. Poached egg, hollandaise, salmon and horseradish. Yum.