Tomato and cucumber boiled egg salad
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 7mins
You'll love this easy but tasty recipe that works as a starter or light lunch.
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp English mustard
- pinch of ground paprika
- lettuce leaves, watercress, quartered tomatoes, sliced cucumber and fresh bread and butter to serve
- Put the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water; bring to boil. Boil for 7 mins; drain, rinse in cold water, tapping shells all over. Peel away the shells. Cut in half and cool.
- Beat the mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard together.
- Divide the lettuce, watercress, tomatoes and cucumber between four plates.
- Arrange the eggs on top and spoon over the mayonnaise. Chill until ready to serve.
- Dust the eggs with paprika before serving with bread and butter.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg and avocado tortilla wraps
A refreshing change from sandwiches, this tortilla wrap with eggs and avocado will ensure a tasty vegetarian lunch.
Egg and tomato pitta pockets
A great lunch recipe which takes just minutes to make.
Parma ham bruschetta
Parma ham bruschetta is perfect for that special brunch or lunch.
White bean and egg salad
A salad recipe with 196 calories per portion