Tomato and cucumber boiled egg salad
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 7mins
You'll love this easy but tasty recipe that works as a starter or light lunch.
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp English mustard
- pinch of ground paprika
- lettuce leaves, watercress, quartered tomatoes, sliced cucumber and fresh bread and butter to serve
- Put the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water; bring to boil. Boil for 7 mins; drain, rinse in cold water, tapping shells all over. Peel away the shells. Cut in half and cool.
- Beat the mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard together.
- Divide the lettuce, watercress, tomatoes and cucumber between four plates.
- Arrange the eggs on top and spoon over the mayonnaise. Chill until ready to serve.
- Dust the eggs with paprika before serving with bread and butter.
Perfect your boiled eggs with our how-to guide.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
Popular how-to guides
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Knowing how to poach an egg is easy to master, and there are many different methods to try.
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for getting great boiled eggs every time.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.