Tomato and ham cheese soufflé
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 6mins
- Cook: 4mins
This delicious soufflé is also incredibly good value.
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 15g (1/2 oz) butter
- 100g (3 1/2oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 slice cooked ham, cut into strips
- 25g (1oz) mature Cheddar, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Beat the egg yolks with the mustard and salt and pepper. Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until they form soft peaks. Gently fold the whites into the egg yolks.
- Preheat the grill to high. Melt the butter in a medium omelette pan and when sizzling pour in the egg mixture. Cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Place the omelette under the hot grill and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until the top is golden. Scatter over the tomatoes, ham, cheese and fold in half. Serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Not only is this tortilla recipe low in calories, it's also a great way to use up leftover vegetables...
Bacon, sweetcorn & rocket omelette
Bacon and eggs go together like…bacon and eggs but throwing in some sweetcorn and rocket before folding up into...