Traditional lemon and sugar pancakes
- 150g plain flour
- 300 ml semi skimmed milk
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- A little vegetable oil or melted butter
- Lemon to serve
- A sprinkle of sugar to serve
- Sieve the flour into a bowl to get rid of any lumps.
- Add the eggs to the flour and a quarter of the milk. Whisk until smooth then gradually whisk in the remaining milk.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add a small amount of oil or butter. Using a few sheets of kitchen paper, wipe around the pan so that it is lightly greased.
- Pour about three tablespoons of batter into the pan, then swirl it around so that it thinly covers the base of the pan.
- Cook for 45 seconds or until golden brown, then flip it over using a fish slice and cook for 30 seconds on the other side. Remove from the pan and eat straight away or place between sheets of baking paper and repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of sugar.