- Serves: 12
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 30mins
Get veg into little ones by cutting it up small and adding to muffins. You can use whatever veg you have at home - frozen peas, sweetcorn, or butternut squash all taste great. Make a batch or two and keep in the freezer for up to a month.
- 1 medium carrot (about 100g)
- 1 courgette (about 150g)
- 1 medium pepper
- ½ tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- Basil springs, finely chopped (optional)
- 75g cheddar, coarsely grated
- Heat oven to Mark 5/190°C/170°C fan. Oil a muffin tin and finely chop vegetables no bigger than ½ cm. Add to a frying pan with the oil and cook over a medium heat for 6-8 mins until soft.
- Beat 6 large British Lion eggs in a bowl. Add cooked vegetables, most of the cheese and the basil, if using. Mix well, spoon into the muffin tin and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until cooked through, they should have a light spring when pressed in the centre. Cool for 15 mins before removing from the tin and enjoy.
Save time by chopping the veg in a food processor, pulsing the machine to avoid them being pureed.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg in a mug
For a portable breakfast, split the pitta pocket and scoop in the egg.
Egg ricotta and spinach Easter pie
Based on the classic Italian Torta Pasqualina, we’ve made things easy with crispy filo pastry. You can add extra...
MOB Kitchen's Garlic, Tomato and Basil Baked Eggs
Watch the yolk drip, as you dunk crunchy croutons into this deliciously sweet and fresh tomato sauce with runny...