Veggie baked eggs
- 80g spinach, washed
- 150g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 4 British Lion eggs
- About 80g of mushrooms – a mix of wild mushrooms is nice – sliced or quartered
- 1 dessert spoon Parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 tsp lightly toasted pine nuts, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Fry the mushrooms in the olive oil until caramelised.
- Heat a small saucepan and add the spinach. If you have just washed the spinach then there is no need to add any water to the pan – there will be enough moisture on the leaves.
- Divide the cooked spinach between two dishes or four small ramekins. Add the cooked mushrooms. Put a generous spoon of chopped tomato into each dish.
- Make wells in the dishes and crack in the eggs into each dish, either two for a larger dish or one in each using four smaller dishes. Sprinkle over a pinch of chilli flakes, the grated Parmesan and the pine nuts. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven or until the eggs are just cooked.