Veggie eggy curry
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 30mins
- 350g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 medium British Lion eggs
- 100g red lentils, rinsed well
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 ½ tbsp garam masala spice mix
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2tbsp coriander or mint, finely chopped
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add onion and cook over a medium heat until softened. Add the garam masala, and cook for a further minute. Stir in the sweet potato, lentils and tomatoes. Fill the tomato can full of water, swirl and add to the pan.
2. Cover loosely and cook over a medium heat for about 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally, adding a splash more water if it becomes too thick.
3. Meanwhile, place the eggs in a pan of hot water, bring to the boil and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and put in very cold water before peeling. Roll cooled eggs in the chilli and coriander, season with pepper and set aside.
4. Spoon the curry into bowls, halve the eggs and place on top.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Smoked haddock scotch eggs
Makes one smoked haddock scotch egg. A recipe by Tom Daley. Prep time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes chilling...
Thai chicken omelette
Indulge in this delightful oriental omelette, with tender chicken breasts seasoned with the spicy warmth of ginger, crunchy sweet...