Veggy egg pittas
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 4mins
Veggy egg pittas recipe
- 15ml/1tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads, toasted
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add onions and tomatoes; fry for 1 minute.
- Beat eggs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour eggs into pan and cook over gentle heat for 3 minutes. Stir until scrambled and set aside.
- Cut pitta in half and open to make pockets. Spoon the egg mixture into each pocket. Serve warm.
See also: the classic eggy bread recipe.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg and spinach wraps
A portable feast on the way to school. Boil the eggs the night before so they're all ready to...
Salmon scrambled eggs
Salmon and eggs go together brilliantly. Ready in just eight minutes you can create a dish that’s packed with...
Egg in a mug
For a portable breakfast, split the pitta pocket and scoop in the egg.