Vietnamese prawn omelette wrap
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 4mins
- 2 British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp frozen soya beans, thawed
- 50g peeled prawns
- 25g beansprouts
- 10g pickled ginger, chopped
- ½ tbsp peanuts, unsalted
- ¼ cucumber
- ½ tomato
- Small handful of finely shredded white cabbage
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ lime
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Put the soya beans, prawns, beansprouts and pickled ginger in a bowl.
- Separately cut the piece of cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds using a spoon then cut the cucumber into thin crescents and add to the other ingredients.
- Cut the halved tomato into 6 wedges and add these to the bowl, then add the cabbage and coriander.
- Heat a small frying pan and lightly roast the peanuts – don’t add any oil. They will start to turn a golden brown and at this point turn off the heat and allow them to cool down. Lightly chop them and add to the salad ingredients.
- Squeeze over the lime juice and add the fish sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Mix everything really well.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly. Heat a large non-stick frying pan and pour in the eggs. Tip the pan slightly so that the egg covers the entire surface area of the pan in one thin layer – you are making a large, round, flat omelette about the thickness of a pancake. When the eggs are set slide the omelette out onto a chopping board.
- Take a good handful of the salad and give it a squeeze to remove the excess dressing - place in a ball in the centre of the omelette. Fold the omelette over the salad creating a square tight parcel. Flip the parcel over and cut an X in the top so that you can open up the omelette to see the salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Omelette Arnold Bennett
Get inspired with Mark Sargeant's quick and easy recipe, perfect for the whole family to enjoy! Add some smoked...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."
Vivek Singh's omelette curry
This rather simple dish made with rolled up spiced omelette is a quick and easy, yet impressive dish. You...
Salmon and boursin omelette
Get inspired and make an omelette that’s packed with protein and great flavours. This dish is bursting with the...