Vietnamese prawn omelette wrap
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 4mins
- 2 British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp frozen soya beans, thawed
- 50g peeled prawns
- 25g beansprouts
- 10g pickled ginger, chopped
- ½ tbsp peanuts, unsalted
- ¼ cucumber
- ½ tomato
- Small handful of finely shredded white cabbage
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ lime
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Put the soya beans, prawns, beansprouts and pickled ginger in a bowl.
- Separately cut the piece of cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds using a spoon then cut the cucumber into thin crescents and add to the other ingredients.
- Cut the halved tomato into 6 wedges and add these to the bowl, then add the cabbage and coriander.
- Heat a small frying pan and lightly roast the peanuts – don’t add any oil. They will start to turn a golden brown and at this point turn off the heat and allow them to cool down. Lightly chop them and add to the salad ingredients.
- Squeeze over the lime juice and add the fish sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Mix everything really well.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly. Heat a large non-stick frying pan and pour in the eggs. Tip the pan slightly so that the egg covers the entire surface area of the pan in one thin layer – you are making a large, round, flat omelette about the thickness of a pancake. When the eggs are set slide the omelette out onto a chopping board.
- Take a good handful of the salad and give it a squeeze to remove the excess dressing - place in a ball in the centre of the omelette. Fold the omelette over the salad creating a square tight parcel. Flip the parcel over and cut an X in the top so that you can open up the omelette to see the salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Spanish-style sweet potato, mushroom and feta tortilla
A twist on the classic Spanish recipe.
Click here to watch Mark cooking this super-speedy and tasty recipe.
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...
Feta, spinach and caramelised onion omelette
Top chef Mark Sargeant gives us his luxurious take on a classic omelette, using crumbly feta, spinach and caramelised...