Watercress, potato & bacon frittata
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 25mins
A great tasting frittata that is easy to prepare and low in calories.
- 350g/12oz new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers back bacon, trimmed and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (85g) pack watercress, roughly chopped
- 6 medium British Lion eggs
- 50g/2oz mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- To serve: tomato salsa and salad
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 10 mins or until tender. Drain and slice.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the bacon and onions and fry for 3-4 min until beginning to brown. Add the sliced potatoes and cook for a further 5 mins. Add the watercress to the pan and continue to cook for 2 mins, stirring until it has wilted.
- Beat the eggs with a little salt and plenty of ground black pepper. Pour the mixture into the pan and cook, stirring for 1 min, until most of the egg has set. Shake the pan to level the surface and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the frittata and cook under a hot grill for 2 mins until the cheese has melted and the top is golden brown. Serve in wedges with tomato salsa and a watercress salad.
This tasty supper dish is also great served cold in lunchboxes or on picnics. If preparing for vegetarians, omit the bacon and replace with 1 large sliced red pepper, adding 1tbsp more olive oil to the pan.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Stir-fried vegetable omelette
This dish is a good way of adding extra vegetables to an athlete’s diet, providing at least two of...
Low calorie cherry tomato and parmesan frittata
This two-egg dish is rich in protein so helps repair and build muscle after intense exercise. It also includes...
Spiced vegetable omelette
This spiced vegetable omelette is quick to prepare and makes an ideal meal for vegetarians.
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...