Wild mushroom omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Treat yourself to an omelette with a difference.
- 30g unsalted butter
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 30g wild mushrooms, sliced
- pinch of fresh thyme
- 3 British Lion eggs
- Gently melt the butter in a medium, non-stick frying pan.
- Fry the red onion, mushrooms and thyme in the pan for 1-2 minutes to soften.
- Whisk the eggs and seasoning in a bowl.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and, using a fork, push the egg into the centre of the pan over a low heat to set the bottom and sides to your requirements.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Thai style stuffed omelette
Go Oriental with this Thai style protein-packed wonder. Just add juicy strips of chicken breasts, crunchy carrots, shredded white...
Potato, courgette, bean and goats cheese frittata
A wonderfully tasty and simple dish.
Spanish-style sweet potato, mushroom and feta tortilla
A twist on the classic Spanish recipe.
Click here to watch Mark cooking this super-speedy and tasty recipe.
Popular how-to guides
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Knowing how to poach an egg is easy to master, and there are many different methods to try.
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for getting great boiled eggs every time.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.