Wild mushrooms and asparagus pasta
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 20mins
This delicious pasta dish makes a simple vegetarian meal.
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 100g (31/2 oz) asparagus tips, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 225g (8oz) mixed wild and cultivated mushrooms, sliced
- 1tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 150ml (1/4pt) double cream
- 4 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 150g (51/2oz) quick-cook spaghetti
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan to serve
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the shallots, asparagus and garlic and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Beat the cream and eggs together with seasoning.
- Cook the spagetti according to the packet instructions.
- Add the spaghetti to the mushrooms pan, stir in the egg mixture and place over a low heat. Gently cook, stirring until the sauce thickens slightly, coating the pasta. Season to taste and serve hot, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Kedgeree is a tasty recipe, which brings together a variety of textures and tastes.
Kind of kedgeree
A quick and economical version of the British favourite.
Economical, tasty and easy to prepare. There’s no need to peel the butternut squash - the skin becomes soft...