Egg fried rice is a staple dish in Chinese restaurants and takeaways, but if you would rather save the cash and create your own, then this recipe is every bit as tasty as well as being healthier. Making it couldn’t be easier; all you need is a pan/wok, veggies, garlic, soy sauce, rice and British Lion Eggs. Cooking time and prep doesn’t take longer than ten minutes, and before you know it you’ll have an Asian-inspired treat ready to eat.
Preparation: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Serves: 4
- 30ml/2 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, grated
- 300g prepared stir fry vegetables
- 3 large British Lion eggs, beaten
- 300g cooked rice
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Cook the garlic and ginger for two minutes.
- Add the vegetables and rice and stir fry for two minutes then transfer to a warm bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the wok, add the beaten egg and cook for one minute stirring until the eggs have scrambled.
- Add the rice and vegetables to the wok, add soy sauce and mix well. Serve immediately in bowls.