Start your morning with this protein-packed superfood scramble, made with quinoa, avocado, onions, peppers and British Lion Eggs. Eggs, quinoa and avocado are often touted as superfoods because of their high levels of nutrition, including high-quality protein, healthy dietary fats and a whole bunch of vitamins and minerals. What’s more, this recipe is super-simple too and takes no longer than 15 minutes to prepare.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes Serves: 2
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions or ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 6 medium British Lion eggs, beaten
- 80g cooked quinoa (red, white or mixed)
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped basil, parsley, dill or coriander
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- Lemon, to serve
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onions and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, add the eggs and cook over a medium heat, stirring until about half cooked.
- Add in the quinoa and herbs, season and cook for a further minute until the eggs are cooked through.
- Toss together the tomatoes and avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Spoon the quinoa scramble onto plates, top with the salsa and serve.
Add a pinch of chilli flakes if you like. You can use any leftover cooked vegetables in here too.