Also known as tortilla de patatas, Spanish omelettes are a fantastic option for your evening meal to be shared around the table, or brought along cold for a picnic out in the sun. Ranked up there with other ultimate comfort foods it brings together a bunch of tasty ingredients into a dish worthy of any table. This recipe uses onions, new potatoes, chorizo and British Lion eggs of course!
Preparation: 5 minutes Cook time: 13 minutes Serves: 4
- 45ml/3 tbsp oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 350g/12oz cooked new potatoes, sliced
- 75g/3oz chorizo sausage, sliced
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add potato and chorizo; fry for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Beat eggs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour eggs into pan; cook without stirring until most of the egg has set - about 6 minutes.
- Pop under a hot grill for 2 minutes until the top is set and golden. Turn out onto a plate or board then cut into wedges and serve warm or cold.