This right here is a meat-free treat that’s easy to make and tastes delicious both hot or cold. It’s also packed full of fantastic natural nutrition from the veggies, as well as high quality protein from British Lion Eggs. A great summer dish, it’s a great option for sharing with family and friends and can be cut into handy little pieces to take out with you on the next picnic.
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 35 mins
- Butter for greasing
- Handful of fresh spinach
- ½ courgette, sliced with a vegetable peeler
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced roughly
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Large handful of extra mature cheddar cheese
- 8 British Lion eggs
- Sweet chili sauce and side salad to serve (optional)
- Heat the oven to 160C/fan140C/gas2. Grease a 20cm ovenproof dish. Add the vegetables and cheese to the dish.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and beat them. Season then pour into the dish with the vegetables.
- Pour the mixture into the ovenproof dish and add some cheese and black pepper on top. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.