Annabel Karmel's Boiled Egg with Soldiers
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 4mins
- 1 slice of white bread
- 1-2 teaspoons cream cheese
- 15g gruyere cheese, grated
- 3 small stems of Tenderstem broccoli
- 1 medium British Lion egg
1. Pre heat the grill to high.
2. Toast the bread in a toaster then place on a baking sheet. Spread over the cream cheese and sprinkle with cheese. Place until the grill for 3-5 minutes until the cheese has melted. Slice into fingers.
3. Steam cook the broccoli for 4 minutes, refresh under cold water. Drain on kitchen paper.
4. Put the egg into a small saucepan. Cover with cold water and a lid. Bring up to the boil. Boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes. Put into an eggcup and carefully slice the top off.
5. The egg should be runny and ready for dipping!
6. Serve with the toasted fingers and broccoli stems.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has changed its advice on eggs, confirming they are now safe to be eaten runny, and even raw, by vulnerable groups including infants, children and pregnant women as long as they are British Lion.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: