Annabel Karmel's egg heads
A fun way to prepare egg sandwiches. Get your children to help you design the faces. And it will help get them to eat their vegetables.
- 7 large British Lion eggs
- 3 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices of bread, butter or margarine for spreading
- Decoration for faces:
- sweet pepper
- grated carrot
- peas etc….
- Put the eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes (the yolk should be solid). Place the eggs in a bowl under cold running water until cool. Peel the eggs.
- Slice 2 eggs with an egg slice or a knife. Set aside 8 of the slices for eyes. Place the remaining pieces in a bowl, add the unsliced eggs. Mash with a fork and add the mayonnaise.
- Spread the slices of bread with butter and then cover with egg mayonnaise. Make faces using the toppings shown in the photo.