Annabel Karmel's poached egg courgetti
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
This simple curly courgetti recipe will have the whole family in a twist! Topped with a runny poached egg, this nutrient-packed bowl of goodness is fast food at its best.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 large courgettes, spiralised
- 100g mixed cherry tomatoes in a variety of colours, halved
- Small bunch basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp pesto
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the spiralized courgettes to the pan and fry for 3 minutes over a high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and stir for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add the basil and pesto.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Crack an egg into a bowl. Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool and slowly tip the egg into the centre. Repeat for the second egg.
- Poach each egg for 3 to 4 minutes, then lift each egg out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- For each portion, spoon the courgetti into two small bowls and top with a poached egg to serve.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Annabel Karmel's veggie fritter toppers
This egg-topped fritter tower is an all-round family pleaser. It’s a fun way to serve protein-packed eggs whilst stacking...
Annabel Karmel's baked bean and poached egg pittas
Kids love beans, so here’s a tasty twist on traditional beans on toast to fuel their day…and yours too...