Blue cheese and bacon pancakes
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
Blue cheese and bacon pancakes are a tasty alternative to traditional pancakes.
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon
- 2 large British Lion eggs, separated
- 75ml/3floz milk
- 100g/4oz self raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 75g/3oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- fried eggs to serve
- Cook the bacon under a hot grill for 5 mins, turning once until crisp. Leave to cool, then chop. Place the egg yolks and milk in a large bowl, sift over the flour, caster sugar and salt and mix well. Whisk the egg whites in a clean grease-free bowl until they form soft peaks. Fold into the flour mixture. Gently stir in the chopped bacon and blue cheese.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Drop two to three large spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the hot pan and cook for 2 mins until crisp and golden. Turn over and cook for a further 1 min until golden. Transfer to a clean tea towel to keep warm. Cook the remaining batter in the same way to make 8 pancakes.
- To serve, heap the warm pancakes onto a plate, top with a fried egg if liked.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Apple and chocolate crisp pancakes
Treat yourself to these deliciously indulgent Apple and Chocolate Crisp pancakes.
Super green matcha pancakes, coconut cream and raspberries
For tea lovers. These pancakes are rich and fresh at the same time. A combination of tropical and Japanese...
Lacy pancakes with rosewater berries
A delicious way to serve pancakes