Egg, dill and salmon bites
- Serves: 20
- Prep: 15mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 8 medium British Lion eggs
- 1 (300ml) tub soured cream
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- 75g smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- Dill sprigs and chives to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 210°C Fan/ Gas Mark 8. Line a 33x23cm rectangular tin with baking parchment.
- Crack the British Lion eggs into a large jug, add 4 tbsp of soured cream, the herbs and a little salt and pepper. Whisk together.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Tip the cooked egg onto a board, peel away the paper and turn over. Use a sharp knife to trim the edges, then cut the cooked egg into 20 squares. Place on a platter and top each with a teaspoon of soured cream and a piece of salmon. Sprinkle with pepper and more dill to decorate. Chill until ready to serve as a canapé.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: