- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 6 medium British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 4 soft wholemeal rolls
- soft butter to spread
- halved cherry tomatoes
- slices of cucumber
- slices of red pepper
- a few pitted black green and olives
- a punnet of mustard cress
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling begins simmer for 5 1/2 minutes.
- Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool. When cold, peel away the shells. Slice the eggs - reserve 16 slices. Roughly chop the remaining eggs, place in a bowl and stir in the mayonnaise. Season.
- Divide the egg mayonnaise between the rolls. Place 2 slices of egg on each for eyes. Arrange the vegetables in a little bowls and let your creativity run wild, making faces with the egg slices, vegetables and cress for hair.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Annabel Karmel's scrambled egg and tomato salsa wrap
Makes a delicious quick meal, fun to cook with the kids.